I can hardly believe its already the end of this year.It was a wonderful ride and hope to have the same or even more beautiful 2012. I am more excited as we have a new year party at our apartment with all families and kids.I am totally not used or even experienced any new year party so I am even more thrilled. Seeing the kids rehearse for the program itself is so cute and I cant wait for the real show :)
It was a hectic week so didnt even plan for any new year baking so here I'm with a simple recipe of making breadcrumbs.You can get readymade rusk and powder it too but this is the way I do my breadcrumbs. You can use breadcrumbs for cutlets
, tikkis etc. See you all soon next year :) with a news!
Homemade Breadcrumbs Recipe
- Left over stale bread - 3 to 4 slices
NOTE : I used wheat bread you can use white bread too.
1. Trim out the edges the bread slices(optional, you can use the corners too). For instant use : Toast the bread in tawa until crisp and then pulse it in mixie. Another way is to collect the bread slices in a plastic wrapper and keep it in the freezer for about an hour the bread will become dry then you can pulse it.
The way I chose was to toast it in oven - Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins, place the bread slices in the try and bake it 5-7 mins until the bread slices turn golden brown.
2. Break the toasted bread slices roughly into pieces and pulse it in mixie as fine as possible. The coarse breadcrumbs will be like fine rava. Store in airtight container on the shelf for few weeks or in the freezer for more shelf life.Homemade breadcrumbs is easy to make and works best for cutlets. You can make it and store so that you can have it handy anytime.
- To make flavoured or seasoned bread crumbs, toast the bread cubes on a tawa in low heat until golden brown. Cool down and pulse it along with the seasoning of your choice - garlic powder / pepper powder / italian seasoning / oregano etc.
- You can even add a tsp of butter while toasting
Labels: Baked Goodies, Bread based, How to's