Sometimes when I dont feel like having my lunch or breakfast or if the menu is not my kind I would just go ahead with such healthy and filling milkshakes. You can try this with any fruit like mango, chikku and apple etc.
Pomegranate Oats Milkshake Recipe
- Pomegranate - 1 full
- Oats - 1/2 cup (I used quaker oats)
- Cold Milk - 2.5 cups
- Honey - 1.5 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
NOTE : Adjust sweetness according to your preference
- Roast oats for 2mins until a nutty aroma rises - this step is purely optional but I recommed doing so.
- Deseed the pomegranate, collect them in a bowl, keep aside.
- Now blend pomegranate pearls, roasted oats with milk until creamy in a mixer/blender. Then add sugar and honey, give a quick stir. Transfer to serving glass and garnish with pomegranate pearls and serve chilled.
- When oats is blended with milk it gives a slight stickiness but roasting it makes it less sticky and gives a nice nutty aroma.
- For a more richer version you can add a scoop of vanilla icecream while blending.
- You can skip sugar completely and add honey alone to make a totally guilt free version.
- You can replace any fruit for pomegranate and enjoy a healthy and yummy milkshake.
Labels: Milk Based Drinks, Milkshakes, Oats Recipes