Dahi Puri is my all time favourite chat. Whenever we go for chaats, its either Pav Bhaji or Dahi Puri, its my staple order in chat shops :) I have used all my color ramkeins for this post, now you know how crazy I am when it comes to ramekins ;) Here is my version of homemade dahi puri for you all....Enjoy your fav chat at home.
Dahi Puri Recipe - Ingredients
Makes 1 plate
- Puri - 7 puris
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Sev - a handful
- Boiled Green Gram Dhal - 1/4 cup (You can use sprouted too)
- Boiled potatoes - 1/4 cup
- Green Chutney - 2 tbsp
- Dates Chutney - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1 medium sized chopped
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp chopped finely
- Chat masala powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
1.Mash the potatoes, add cumin powder, turmeric and mix well. Keep aside. Mix curd with sugar, salt - beat it well and keep it ready. Assemble all the ingredients.Arrange 7 puris in a plate. Crack a hole carefully in the center of each puri. Add 1/2 tsp of mashed potatoes and green gram dhal inside each puri.
You can make the puris and chutneys the before day . Once that is ready all others can be done a while before assembling. Enjoy this easy and yummy chat at home.
I take the short route of buying the dates chutney ready made these days ;) It is called bhel puri chutneys and stays well for long when refrigerated. I use even for sandwiches - its tangy, sweet, spicy with all the flavours bursting out....hmmm yummmy!
- Once it is assembled, serve it immediately else the puris will become soggy.
- If you make the chutneys ready then assembling and serving dahi puri is easy.
- You can use either sprout green gram or pressure cook and use it if needed instantly which is what I did. You can also a combination of sprouts too.
Labels: Chat Items, potato recipes