Mittu loves fish fry and its the only nonveg item she eats. So I have started experimenting fish recipes too.And here is my next try after fish kuzhambu.Lets learn how to make easy and quick fish fry recipe...shall we?!
Fish Fry Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 1 hr | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves : 3
Fish - 6 to 8 pieces (I used Vanjaram variety)
Red chilli powder - 3 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp (optional)
Turmeric powder - a generous pinch
Lime juice - 1 tsp
Cornflour - 1 tsp (optional)
Salt - to taste
Oil - to toast / deep fry
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Clean fish and wash it well. Set aside.In a wide mixing bowl, add red chilli, turmeric,coriander powder, lime juice,cornflour(if you are using) and required salt. Sprinkle little water to make it to a paste consistency. Then add the fish to it and mix well. Coat the masala on all sides of the fish and marinate for atleast 30mins. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan or dosa tawa and toast the fish until the fish turns golden red in color. You can alternatively deep fry too.
Serve hot with lemon wedges and onion rings.
- Adjust spice level according to your taste and preference.
- You can serve fish with raw onions. I love it with tomato sauce :)
- Squeeze lime while serving if you like the tanginess.
- You can even add ginger garlic paste as a add on to the marinade.
- We like fish fries toasted in tawa than the deep fry.Also it avoids fish becoming hard.
Labels: Fish Recipes, Non Veg Recipes