I have my school alumini meet tomorrow and am pretty much excited to see the school, friends and teachers after almost 15 years. So waiting for the autograph moments!!
Keerai kootu is mittus fav and am happy that she has not adapted her mothers habit of ignoring this healthy veggie ;) so keerai kootu is made often for her sake.
Keerai Kootu Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Keerai(Greens) - 1 cup
Moong dal - 4 tbsp
Small onion - 4 to 5
Tomato - 1 small sized
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Salt- to taste
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Coconut - 1/4 cup
Rice flour - 1 tsp
Water - little enough to grind to a paste
To Temper :
Oil - 1/2 tbsp
Mustard 1 tsp
Urad dal 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Hing - a generous pinch
- Grind coconut with rice flour and water to a fine paste and set aside.Pressure cook dal with a pinch of turmeric powder and enough water until soft, mash it well with a laddle.
- Clean the greens by removing the root part.Chop it finely then wash it twice atleast, keep aside and drain water.Add greens to the cooked dal and allow it to boil and get cooked.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan - Add items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter then add onion and tomato saute till raw smell of tomato leaves and onion turns golden brown. Transfer this to greens with dal when greens is half cooked.
- Once greens is cooked and well blended with dhal, add the coconut paste.Bring it to a quick boil and switch off.
Serve with rice and ghee.
- You can add other cooked vegetables like carrot,beans too.
- This pasta is spicy so adjust spices accordingly if you want a less spicy version.
- I used penne pasta here,you can use any variety of pasta you like.