Oats is my fav and that justifies the number of oats recipes
in this space :) Adai is my fav and can have it even daily if given. So when I saw oats adai, I instantly tried it and loved it so much. Lentil with oats is a healthy and tasty combination. I didnt wait for any chutney for sidedish just digged in with idli podi
and tomato sauce :)
Oats Adai Recipe - Ingredients
Recipe Reference : Flavours & Tastes
- Powdered oats - 1 cup
- Toor dhal - 1/4 cup
- Chana dhal - 1/4 cup
- Moong dhal - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 1 big finely chopped
- Red chillies - 2
- Garlic - 4 pearls
- Ginger - 1/4 inch piece
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - to toast
1. Wash the dhals and soak it for an hour. Then drain water and grind the dhals with red chillies, garlic, ginger and fennel seeds to a coarse paste.
2.In a wide mixing bowl, add the ground paste with powdered oats. Add chopped onions, coriander leaves and required salt.
3. Add water to make it to a batter consistency. Keep aside for an hour. Take 1 laddle full of batter for a adai.
4.Heat a dosa tawa and spread the batter like we make for dosa. Drizzle oil and cook on both the sides till golden brown.
- I have even made this instant without leaving the batter for an hour. It still comes out soft and nice. But as our traditional adai method needs resting time, I have given that also.
- You can make the adai a bit thinner and make it crisp too.
- Just powder the oats raw, no need to roast it.
Labels: Breakfast Ideas, Oats Recipes