Palada Pradhaman - The payasam name reminds of the college days when we used to drink bottles of this palada pradhaman from our mallu friends. They used to bring ada pradhaman / palada pradhaman even before onam for our sake. Now that I know how to make ada padhaman, I can enjoy it anytime of the year...Do try our this easy pradhaman for Onam.
I wanted to start new year with a sweeter note so this payasam post - again thanks to the drafts.You can check the traditional ada pradhaman payasam
Hope all are enjoying the new year. Our apt new year party yesterday went great that the memories are still in my mind :) I took my camera but was so involved that I didnt click pics ;) It was soo good to watch the kids play, dance and fill the stage with life. As a additional surprise I was called in as a judge for jodi porutham and I totally enjoyed judging the show. The party ended with a final touch of fireworks and cake cutting at midnight.
I made the palada payasam almost the same way how we make semiya payasam and it turned out creamy and yummy. This version is quick and rich to be made instantly even at the last minute. This time I used the left over readymade ada for the payasam, you can make homemade ada too.
Palada Pradhaman Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Rice Ada - 1/4 cup
Milk - 2 cups (1/2 liter)
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - a pinch (optional)
Cashews - 5 whole chopped
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Measure ada rinse it well.Drain water completely and set aside.
- Add milk in a pan, allow it to boil.Keep stirring in medium flame until it thickens and becomes almost half of the quantity.Now add the ada.
- Cook until the ada becomes soft - Keep in low flame for 3-5mins stirring often to avoid burning at the bottom.
- You can see the ada has cooked.Now add sugar and keep stirring.
- Keep in low flame for 3-5mins and switch off in semi runny consistency as it thickens after sometime.Add caradamom powder and switch off. Heat ghee in a tadka pan, add chopped cashews and raisins - fry until golden brown.
- Garnish with cashews and serve hot or cold.Set aside.
Serve hot / cold as per your preference.
- The quantity of milk can be adjusted too, you can add more milk too, add in condensed milk to make it even more richer version.
- This payasam tends to thicken with time, add milk at the time of serving.
- If you feel the paysam to be thick, just add in little milk while serving
- You can serve it warm or cold - I luv it cold :)
Labels: FestiveSpecials, Kerala Special, Onam Sadhya Menu, Payasam/Kheer