As a kid I always had trouble eating vegetables and I remember amma taking all pains to make different types to sneak in the veggies. This is one of the kind but beetroot is always my favourite. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do/did :) Beetroot either as halwa or even as a simple poriyal, I just love it.
Beetroot Pakoda Recipe - Ingredients
- Beetroot - 2 medium sized (comes to 1 cup after grating)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Besan flour - 3 tbsp
- Rice Flour - 2 tbsp
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Big Onion - 2 small sized chopped finely
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped finely
- Salt - as required
- Oil - to deep fry
Grate the beetroot finely. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except oil and mix well. Beetroot itself will let out water so no need to add water. If its too dry sprinkle little water to make to the below shown consistency.
Heat oil in a kadai. Pinch small pieces from the batter, add it to the kadai with oil and deep fry on both the sides until crispy.
- As a variation you can add carrot, cabbage and beetroot and make it as vegetable pakoda.
- You can even add little mint leaves for extra flavour.
- Beetroot and carrot combination is best in this pakoda.
- Adding more veggies and onions makes it more tastier.
This is the best way to make kids eat the vegetable they dont take in their usual menu. You can sneak in any vegetable even greens and make this pakoda and am sure the kids will love it too.
Labels: Teatime snacks