I can eat pudalangai podimas even as such, love it so much. I am not fond of the kootu or poriyal we make with it, but like this podimas so wanted to quickly jot down the recipe here. Have a nice weekend, will catch you all on Monday.
Podalangai Podimas Recipe - Ingredients
- Podalangai (Snake Gourd) - 1 cup chopped
- Channa Dhal - 2 tbsp
- Big Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Grated Coconut - 1.5 tbsp
- Cashews - 5 broken into small pieces
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Bay leaf - a small piece
- Cinnamon - 1/4 inch piece
- Cloves - 3
- Garlic - 5 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
1. Soak channa dal in water for an hour, keep aside. Clean snake gourd and chop it roughly. Then grind the veggie with channa dhal coarsely.I used my chopper to grind, dont make it to a paste, it should be in bits and pieces. If you use mixie, then use the blend option and run once for a second thats enough. It may let out water so squeeze it and keep aside.
2.Roast cashews in little oil until golden brown, set aside. In a non stick pan heat remaining oil and add the items under 'to temper' then add onions and saute till golden brown. Then add the veggie with channa dhal. Add required salt and give a quick stir.
3.Keep sauteing and take care not to burn it. No need to add water, saute until it turns to a slightly brown shade. At this stage add roasted cashews and coconut, mix well and saute till coconut turns slightly browned.Switch off.
- Adjust coconut as per your liking.You can add in more.
- Take care not to burn the veggie , it should be sauted well till it becomes golden brown.
- Adding cashews is optional but enhances the flavour.
Labels: Easy Lunch Menu, Lunchbox Recipes, Veggies