First time I made this cake last year and packed it for our trip and we loved it. So made it again weeks back to pack it for my best friends family. The cake is so soft and the eggy flavour is not much dominated here, doesnt that sound interesting?!
Walnut Butterscotch Loaf Cake Recipe - Ingredients
Recipe Source : Kaipunyam
- Maida - 1 cup (135 gms)
- Granulated Sugar - 3/4 cup (165 gms)
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Hot milk - 1/2 cup (125 ml)
- Eggs - 2
- Chopped walnuts - 1/4 cup
- Butterscotch chips - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
NOTE : If you dont have butterscotch chips, then skip it and proceed with just walnuts. But add 1 cup of sugar, I added only 3/4 cup because I added butterscotch chips.
- I had some leftover butterscotch chips so wanted to use it. You can skip it if you dont have and proceed with just walnuts or I highly recommend adding caramel(1/8 cup)
- Mix butterscotch chip with a tsp of maida and then add to avoid sinking to the bottom.
- You can use this recipe for a basic sponge cake, the taste and texture is too good.
- This time I didnt lay a butter paper just greased it with little oil and flour. The cake came out clean.
I liked the butterscotch flavour the best here. I've tried the same cake with just walnuts and the taste was just too good that made me to make this cake again.
Labels: Cakes with eggs, Teatime snacks