I am really not a big fan of bhel puri but love it just for the crunchness of sev and pori. I made no tomato version just for me and enjoyed as raw tomato is a big no no to me :)
Bhel Puri Recipe - Ingredients
Makes 2 plates
- Puffed rice(Pori) - 1.5 cup
- Sev - 1/2 cup
- Papdi - 8 roughly broken
- Carrot grated - 1/4 cup grated
- Boiled potato - 1 small sized mashed
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Green chutney - 1 tbsp
- Sweet chutney - 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chat masala powder -1/2 tsp
The ingredients list, sounds and looks long but you can prepare the chutneys and papdi in advance. Once the ingredients are ready its a no cook version...its so easy to mix it up together.
1.Take a wide bowl for easy mixing. Make all the ingredients ready.First take green chutney, dates chutney, red chilli powder, chat masala powder and lemon juice. Then add chopped onion and tomato. Then add carrot and mashed boiled potatoes. Add puffed rice.
2.Give a quick mix then add papdi, sev and finally garnish with coriander leaves and mix well. Serve immediately.
If you like you can add more sev and puffed rice as garnish before serving and enjoy your homemade bhel puri.
- Once the ingredients are mixed serve immediately else puffed rice will become soft. But it tastes good that way too, it just our preference of eating whether crisp or soggy :)
- You can also add chopped raw mango for the extra tanginess.
- The ingredients measures are just for reference, you can + or - according to taste and liking.
I made a batch of papdis and before it could vanish made 2 more chats with it. Will be posting them soon :)
Labels: Chat Items