Broccoli Soup Recipe

Whenever I see fresh broccoli at Pazhamudhir or Nilgiris I pick up a floret without fail.I havent tried anything other than the usual stir fry or rarely add it along with pastas.So this time when I got it, I wanted to try a soup with it.
Broccoli Soup Recipe

I am happy that mittu started liking green cauliflower(broccoli in her language ;)) so another additional reason to buy this veggie often :) Tried jeyashris version which I felt was more indianised and that was the main reason I loved the recipe...It was flavourful, creamy and yummy - exactly how we want our soup to be.


Broccoli Soup Recipe


Broccoli Soup Recipe - Ingredients
Recipe Source : Jeyashris Kitchen
  • Broccoli - 1/2 from a medium sized floret
  • Big Onion - 1 medium
  • Potato - 1 small
  • Garlic - 4 pods
  • Cream - 1 tbsp(optional)
  • Water - 1/8 cup
  • Milk - 1/4 cup
  • Salt - as required
  • Pepper - 1 tsp


Broccoli Soup Recipe

Method:
1.Cut the broccoli into florets and immerse in warm water - this is remove worms if any. Then pressure cook it along with potato, onion and garlic for 3 whistles or till mushy.Reserve the stock, keep aside.
Broccoli Soup Recipe - Step1
2.Cool down and then grind to a smooth paste. Heat a pan add the paste, milk and give a quick stir.
Broccoli Soup Recipe - Step2
3.Then add the stock water (used for boiling) and allow it for 2mins. Then add pepper and salt. Add cream while serving.
Broccoli Soup Recipe - Step3

You can add boiled stir fried broccoli florets while serving. Serve hot with bread or soup sticks.


Broccoli Soup Recipe

My Notes:
  • You can also stir fry broccoli and top it while serving the soup.
  • For a more richer version use half and half of milk and cream.
Broccoli Soup Recipe

Labels: ,