Cabbage poriyal is not my fav but hubby loves it. I like this cabbage curry very much....We can use the same recipe for other veggies like peas, cauliflower or mochai too.
Cabbage Dry Curry Recipe - Ingredients
- Cabbage(grated) - 1 cup
- Red Chilli powder - 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Cinnamon - a small piece
- Cloves - 1
- Elachi - 1
- Curry leaves - few
- Big Onion - 1/2 chopped finely
- Garlic - 4
To grind to a fine paste:
- Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Fennel seeds(sombu) - 1 tsp
1.Grind coconut ad fennel with little water to a fine paste.Keep aside. Heat oil in a kadai add cinnamon, elachi and cloves.
2.Next add onion, garlic and curry leaves - saute till slightly browned. Then add shredded cabbage. Add red chilli, turmeric powder.
3.Saute till the raw smell of cabbage leaves and it starts shrinking. Add little water(till immersing level) and cook covered with a lid until cabbage turns soft. Add required salt.
4.Keep cooking until the moisture leaves completely. Then add the coconut fennel paste and mix well. Fry the masala with the cabbage till it turns golden brown in color. Switch off and serve with rice.
Serve it with any variety rice or sambar rice.
- If you dont like garlic pearls in the curry while eating make a paste of it and then add it.
- You can use the same recipe for peas, cauliflower too.
- Take care not to burn the curry but fry till nice golden brown.
Labels: Easy Lunch Menu, Lunchbox Recipes, Poriyal, Veggies