With the IPL season on and seeing us talk about chennai super kings the little one wants to know why there is no kovai super kings...haha Though I dont watch it regularly get to hear that CSK rocks and am sure will rock on!
Coming to todays recipe - Corn Peas Pulao : I tried this few months back and by then I've made it twice as we all liked it very much. The crunch and sweetness in the corn with the flavourful spicy masala makes it a tasty one pot meal. Its colorful to see and tasty to eat what more do you need?! :)
Corn Peas Pulao Recipe - Ingredients
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Big Onion - 1 chopped lengthwise
- Ginger garlic paste - 3/4 tsp (optional)
- Corn kernels - 1/4 cup
- Peas - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 1/2 tbsp
- Oil - 1/2 tbsp
- Water - 1 and 1/2 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Cinnamon - 1/2 inch piece
- Cloves -2
- Cardamom - 1
To grind to a paste:
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup tightly packed
- Garlic - 4
- Ginger - 1/4 inch piece
- Cashewnut - 6
- Tomato - 1 big sized
- Green chillies - 2
- Garam Masala powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
1.First grind the ingredients listed under 'to grind' with little water to a fine paste. Set aside. In a pressure cooker heat oil+ghee add the items under 'to temper' with ginger garlic paste.
- You can skip peas and even make it plain corn pulao
- As we are adding ginger and garlic in the masala paste itself, adding ginger garlic paste is optional while tempering.
- I always use rice : water ratio as 1: 1.5 cups - This suits well as the rice is presoaked and gives a grain seperated rice.
Labels: Biryani Recipes, Lunchbox Recipes, peas recipes, pulao recipes, Rice Varieties, Sweet Corn Recipes