I know most of us make ginger garlic paste at home may be with slight variations. A reader recently asked for the recipe thats the reason I made this post. Here is my version of making it.
Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Processing Time : 10 mins | Makes : 1 cup
Ginger - 3/4 cup chopped roughly
Garlic - 3/4 cup chopped roughly
Oil - 1 tsp
Water - 1/2 tsp
Recipe Category: Preserve | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Peel off the skin of ginger and garlic and chop them roughly. Add it to the mixer with oil.
- And grind it coarsely.Then add water and pulse it once to get a semi coarse paste.Store in an airtight container. Refrigerate it.
Do not add more water which will not give more shelf life.
- Always use a clean washed and wiped spoon.
- It keeps well for atleast a month when refrigerated and handles properly.
- Reducing water while grinding keeps the shelf life more.
- You can also add a pinch of turmeric powder if you want.
Labels: How to's