We have started having showers though not daily and am loving the climate. Hope this continues for the coming days as well. My ammama used to make this during summers and I so so love this.Last week got the recipe from amma and made this lemonade syrup - Its quick, easy and the best thirst quencher during summers.
Homemade Lemonade Recipe - Ingredients
- Lemon - 6 to 7
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Water - 3/4 cup
1.Squeeze lemon to take the juice, discard the seeds.Collect the juice in a bowl.Keep aside. In a heavy bottomed vessel add sugar.
2.Then add water and stir continuously till sugar dissolves and it will start bubbling , allow it to boil till a single string consistency is reached(very thin string is enough). Switch off and cool down completely.
3.Then add the lemon juice to the sugar syrup and give a quick stir. Filter once and store in a clean container. Keep refrigerated.
- Take 1/4 cup of sugar lemonn syrup and add 3/4 cup water to it - Adjust according to your liking.
- Serve with icecubes and fresh lemon wedges.
- If you prefer salty then add a pinch of salt.
- Dont add lemon juice when the sugar syrup is hot, cool completely and then add.You can even lachi powder or ginger juice to the syrup to enhance the flavour.
- Dont squeeze lemon very hard and take the juice as it will give a bitter taste.
- This keeps well for even a month when refrigerated.No need to freeze it.
Labels: Homemade at SharmisPassions, In 15mins, Juices