I've always wondered how chicken 65 in restaurants alone turn very soft and juicy. I didn't give a serious thought until the little one started tasting and liking chicken. Now that she likes chicken 65, I browsed around and finalised this recipe which turned out to be a hit. Also one of my friend and regular reader had asked for this recipe long back and this is for you Manjula :) For all the vegetarians check out gobi 65 recipe :)
Make your chicken 65 just like in restaurants, am sure you will love this recipe as we did!
Chicken 65 Recipe Recipe - Ingredients
: 2 hrs
| Cooking Time
: 15 mins
| Recipe Cuisine
| Recipe Reference: Sashi Recipes
For the marinade:
Cleaned Boneless Chicken - 1/2 kg (15-20 small bite size pieces)
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Red Chili Powder - 3 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder- a generous pinch
Corn Flour - 2 tsp
Rice Flour - 3/4 tsp
Red Food Color - 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
Egg - 1
Salt - to taste
Oil - for deep frying
Curry Leaves - few
Green Chilies - 2 halved
Raw onion slices - few just to season
Lemon - 1/2 wedge just to season
- Mix all the ingredients listed under 'For the marinade' and mix well.
- Allow it to rest for 2 hours atleast - the more resting time the softer the chicken 65 will be. Then heat oil in a kadai deep fry curry leaves and green chillies till crisp and set aside. Then add the chicken pieces in batches and fry well.
- Deep fry them until crispy and till it turns golden brown. Garnish with fried curry leaves and green chillies.
Serve with raw onion slices and lemon wedges as a starter.
- The time for marinade is very important to get juicy soft chicken 65 else it would turn hard and rubbery. So make sure to marinade atleast for 2 hours atleast.
- You can also include small chopped pieces of ginger and garlic with the tempering ingredients.
- You can also skip the yellow yolk of the egg and just add only the white part.
- Choose tender chicken thigh part and cut them into small bite sized pieces.
Labels: Chicken Recipes, Non Veg Recipes