Making Truffles had always been a dream to me but havent dared to give chocolate truffles a try yet. So when I saw this easy shorcut of making truffles with nutella I couldnt wait to try. This is such a easy recipe even a kid can put it up together.
I loved the chocolatey crunchy inside with the bitterness from the cocoa powder outside - heavenly. I am sure to add in some nuts next time I make this as it will be a wonderful addition to these truffles.
What are you waiting for?! Do try these easy nutella truffles and surprise your kids.
Nutella Truffles Recipe - Ingredients
- Nutella - 4 tbsp
- Butter -1 tsp
- Choco Chip Biscuits - 6
- Cornflakes - 3 tbsp
- Coco powder - for dusting and rolling
First take cornflakes, chocochip biscuits and grind it to a coarse powder in a mixer.You can just crush it with ur hands too.Set aside. In a bowl add nutella and butter.
In a pan containing water keep the bowl inside(which is called double boiler method) and heat it up until its melted.You can even microwave it for melting.Once it warm, add the crushed cornflakes biscuit mixture and mix well.
The cocoa seem to absorb well so give it atleast an hour of resting time in the refrigerator before serving.
Form into balls and arrange it in a butter paper. Then roll over coco powder so that it coats on all sides. Refrigerate for 2 hours and enjoy ur truffles.
- Choice of biscuits can be digestive or even milk biscuits. I got 7 truffles for the above mentioned quantity.
- If the mixture is dry and you are not able to form rolls , add little more nutella or a tsp of milk.
- You can also add 1 tbsp of choco chips with nutella, melt it and proceed with the method.
- I used good day choco chips biscuits.
- Adding nuts will be a nice addition too. You can even add museli instead of cornflakes.
Labels: Desserts, Friendship Day Recipes, International, Nutella Recipes