Does anyone get tired of chaats?! It was a kind of chat mela at home and no was tired of eating the array of chats that I made. As all food bloggers can understand, most of our food are first served to our lens and eyes before anyone could taste it...But attimes it is tough to control the temptation esp when chaats are made :)
Sev Puri Recipe - Ingredients
- Papdis - 12 to 14
- Sev - 1/2 cup
- Boiled Potato - 1/4 cup mashed
- Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
- Tomato - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Raw Mango - 1 tbsp chopped finely
- Sweet chutney - 1 tbsp
- Green chutney - 1 tbsp
- Chat masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp(optional - I didn't add)
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt - to taste
Serve it immediately after assembling the ingredients. Isnt that easy to make your own sev puri at home?! Then what are you waiting for ?! Surprise your guests with homemade sev puri . The crunch in the papdis with the tangy and spicy chutneys with sev am sure you will ask for another helping of this yummy sev puri :)
1.Keep all the ingredients ready. In a plate first arrange the papdis(6-7), then add potatoes , raw onion chopped.
2.Then add chopped tomatoes. Drizzle dates sweet chutney, green chutney and then add chopped raw mango pieces, sprinkle chat masala powder,salt. Add lemon juice if you are using it.Finally add sev generously and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Follow the same procedure for the next plate too. Make the ingredients ready and assemble it at the time of serving.
- The quantity for chaats need not be followed as per the recipe - You can very well adjust it to your liking.
- I have used haldirams aloo bujiya sev, but ompodi(thin sev variety) suits bests.
- You can even add little curd if you like to make your own version of dahi sev papdi :)
Labels: Chat Items, Homemade at SharmisPassions