Last month, I bought a pack of pasta and was bored of making the usual tomato based and milk based ones, So I wanted to try a soup with it. I googled a lot referred many sites, finally got an idea and made the soup with the ingredients I had in hand. The soup was thick, delicious and filling too and never felt hungry for the next meal.
Vegetable Pasta Soup Recipe - Ingredients
- Pasta - 1/2 cup(I used the shell type macroni)
- Vegetables - 1/4 cup ( I used peas and carrot)
- Chickpeas(Channa) - 2.5 tbsp
- Pasta Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tsp
- Italian Seasoning / Oregano - 1/4 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Water - 1/4 cup(adjust according to the consistency you want)
- Corn flour -1 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 medium sized chopped finely
- Garlic - 3 pearls chopped finely
- Olive oil - 2 tsp
1.Pressure cook the veggies(carrot and peas) just for1 whistles and keep aside. Soak channa overnight for atleast 8 hours and pressure cook for 6 whistles in medium flame, set aside. Boil water in a heavy bottomed container and add the pasta with little salt. Once it turns soft(yet form enough to bite), drain water and collect the pasta in a bowl and set aside.
2.In a pan, heat oil - add onion , garlic saute till slightly browned.Then add cooked channa, carrot and peas, saute till moisture is absorbed. Then add the pasta sauce, tomato sauce and italian seasoning.
3.Stir until the masalas are well blended with the veggies. Add water, required salt and allow it to boil. Then add the cooked pasta.
4.Cook in medium flame for 2mins for the pasta to absorb the flavour, then add cornflour and mix well. It will start thickening faster once corn flour is added so switch off when its creamy and is of your desired consistency.
Serve the soup hot or warm with pepper powder sprinkled. It tends to thicken faster as cornflour is added so serving immediately is recommended.
- Adding vegetables is purely of your choice. You can add your favourite veggie.
- We loved the chunky pastas with the crunch in the vegetables
- You can very well skip cornflour - It is added just to thicken the soup. If you like your soup to be slightly clear then skip cornflour.
- Serve it along with soup sticks or toasted bread.
Labels: Pasta Recipes, peas recipes, Soups