The net connection is still playing hide and seek with me. It works only for 3-4 hours a day so somehow managing time to post here within that time. Hopefully the issue should be resolved sooner.
When I was googling for mango froyo
recipes, I accidentally saw this granita. So since a year it was lying in my bookmark folder and finally made it this summer.
Granita involves no major cooking ...only the waiting time is more. This is a healthy and very lite dessert perfect for summers.With constant irregular power cuts making granita was a nightmare and clicking it in the hot sun was also challenging :)
Watermelon Granita Recipe - Ingredients
Recipe Source : The Pioneer Woman
- Watermelon - 2.5 cups(chopped)
- Lime Juice - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 3 tbsp(adjust as per your liking)
While scrapping with fork it gives a more beautiful texture where the crystls are more finer. Either ways the granita is tasty and with no doubt will empty in minutes :)
- I found scrapping with fork easier. Use spoon or fork as per your convenience.
- You can even try this with musk melon , lemon or even strawberry.
- Watermelon by itself has good water content in it so no need to add water.
- You can even freeze it overnight if you have the patience ;)
Labels: Desserts, International