I tried making puris when I made pani puri which was a different recipe. Last weekend when I planned to make chats so made this puri a day before and enjoyed dahi puri with my family :)
Poori for Chaats Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Makes : 20 pooris
Maida(all purpose flour - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Warm water- as needed
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Chaats | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- 1.Add rava, maida in a wide bowl, add water little by little, knead it for 10mins to form a smooth dough. Add oil finally and knead it for a minute. The dough should be smooth so be careful while adding water.Keep aside for atleast 15mins.
- Roll the dough very very thin and cut small rounds with a lid or container rim.Heat oil, carefully add the rolled puris , fluff it up(as we do for normal puris) and fry them to golden brown till crisp. Drain in tissue paper and then store in airtight container
You can store the puris for about 10 days. Here are the chaats which uses these mini puris
- Make sure to knead the dough well and roll it very thin. The puris will become chewy and will not raise up if the rolled puris are thick.
- Rolling was a bit tough but somehow I tried to roll thin and the puris were nice cripsy like the store bought ones.
- Make sure the oil is heated up. Fry till golden brown until crispy.
- Adding soda makes the kneading and rolling easier....But if you dont have, then proceed with warm water itself. I didnt use it this time.
Labels: Chat Items