After making strawberry cheese cake, I very badly wanted to try the mango version but had to wait for the mango season. And finally last week sat, I made the cream cheese ready and made the mango cheese cake on sunday. I didnt have the springform pan and have no plans of getting it too......as I make cheesecakes only once in a bluemoon so dont want the pan to sleep like the other baking pans which I got :D You can either make it in a springform pan or in individual glasses which is easier for serving too.It was a delicious after meal dessert, we enjoyed to the core and the lil one loved it too.
Eggless No Bake Mango Cheese Cake Recipe - Ingredients
Recipe Reference : Edible Garden
- Cream cheese - 250gm
- Cream - 170 gm
- Unsalted butter - 75 gm(melted)
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Mango puree - 3/4 to 1 cup
- China Grass - 15gms (1 tbsp) - You can substitute with gelatine too
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Biscuit crumbs - 1.5 cup
- Toasted Nuts - 2 tbsp(optional)
I halved the recipe and got 4 individual servings of the cheese cake.So here is the ingredients in cup measures for individual servings:
- Cream cheese - 3/4 cup
- Cream - 1/4 cup
- Unsalted butter - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Mango puree - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
- China Grass - 3/4 tbsp (You can substitute with gelatine too)
- Water - 1/8 cup
- Biscuit crumbs - 3/4 cup
- Toasted Nuts - 1 tbsp (optional)
1.Take the crackers(I used Britannia cream crackers) and powder it coarsely. Add melted butter to it and mix well till its slightly moist.
2.The biscuit base is ready. Now its your choice to set the cheese cake in a 8" springform pan else in individual glasses as I did. Spoon the mixture into each individual glasses, press it firmly with the back of a spoon.Refrigerate it...meanwhile we can make the other 2 layers ready. Add china grass in water and heat it up.
3.The china grass starts dissolving, once its completely dissolved, switch off and keep aside. Chop the mango pieces roughly and puree it until smooth.
4.Add the puree to the china grass water mixture and mix well. Then add half of the mango china mixture(reserve the other half for the 3rd layer) to a bowl containing cream, cream cheese and sugar. Mix it up until it is evenly distributed.
5.Take the glass and fill it up the cheese mango layer till 3/4th of the glass. Return it back to the fridge and let is rest there for atleast 1.5 hrs. Then pour the reserved mango puree and allow it to set for 4-5 hours or preferably overnight.
Just dry toast the nuts(or with little ghee) until slightly crispy and Serve chilled with chopped nuts of your choice.
- Once the cream cheese is refrigerated...before pouring the mango puree layer - Check whether the cheese layer is firm enoug before you pour the mango puree else it will get mixed with the 2nd layer.
- If you use gelatine, then use hot water to dissolve gelatine.
- The layer quantity in each glass is purely your choice.Usually the top layer is very thin in the cheese cake but we liked it this way too.
- Incase if you dont get fresh mango puree, you can use canned mango pulp too.
- This suits best for getogethers or partys as you can make it in advance the previous day and serve the delicious after meal dessert in no minutes.
- You can also use hung curd as I did for my strawberry cheese cake.
Labels: cheesecake recipes, Desserts, International, Mango Recipes