I am a complete coffee person and cant get the day going without my evening or morning coffee(yes I restrict myself to one coffee per day) and instant coffee is always my preference.Even when my days are dull, it lifts up and refreshes my mood when I have a cup of coffee. So when I saw this post, I immediately bookmarked but waited all these days for a proper coffee mug purchase and finally here I am with this post.....:)
I never thought making espresso coffee at home without the machine is such an easy task, am sure I'll make it more often now.
Recipe Reference : Saffron Kitchen
Indian Espresso Coffee Recipe - Ingredients
- Instant Coffee Powder - 1 tbsp(I used Nescafe sunrise - any instant coffee powder is ok)
- Granulated Sugar - 1 tbsp (adjust according to your taste)
- Milk - 1 cup
- Water - 1 tsp.
- Cocoa Powder - to sprinkle on top (optional)
1.In a coffee mug, add coffee powder, sugar and water.
2.With a spoon, start beating it vigorously to incorporate as much air as you can. Only beating continuosly and vigorously will give you the whipped frothy coffee-sugar mix. Do not stop till it turns pale brown in color. The sugar will not be dissolved completely so dont worry about that and beat well.
3.The more you beat, the mix will become pale brown in color.Boil milk and add it to the mug containing whipped coffe-sugar paste. Stir well with a spoon. Sprinkle coco powder and serve hot.
- For making the espresso for more than 1 cup, prepare the coffee-sugar paste in a bowl. Divide the paste equally into each coffee mug and pour hot milk. Stir and serve.
- I sprinkled coffee powder itself, you can sprinkle either cocoa powder or coffee powder as per your preference.
Labels: Milk Based Drinks