Time is running so fast that even being at home I feel occupied most of the time. Struggling to manage 2 blogs and P365 is challenging me everyday...somehow managing to post it. And the daily chores with mittus assignments....huh my head goes merry go round :) But I am happy and proud to be at full days work so that I dont complain I am bored haha :D
Kothavarangai(Cluster Beans) Curry Recipe - Ingredients
- Cluster Beans - 1.5 cups chopped
- Channa Dhal - 1/8 cup + 1 tbsp
- Big Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Garlic - 5 to 6 pearls whole or halved
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sambar powder - 1/8 tsp(optional)
- Salt - to taste
To grind to a paste:
- Coconut - 3 tbsp
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon - a small 1/4 inch piece
- Cloves - 1
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dhal - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Oil - 3 tsp
1.Chop the beans finely and pressure cook it with channa dhal, turmeric powder and required water for 3 whistles or until soft. Drain water and keep aside.Transfer all the ingredients under 'to grind' table to the mixer.
2.And grind it to a fine paste, Set aside. Heat oil in a kadai - add the items under 'to temper' and allow it to splutter.
3.Then add onion and garlic and saute till slightly browned.Then add cooked bean+channa dhal and saute for 2 mins until the moisture is observed. Then add the coconut paste, and mix.
4.Add red chilli powder, sambar powder and salt.Keep cooking in medium sim till the curry turns golden brown and is nicely roasted. Switch off and serve hot with any rice variety.
- If you dont prefer adding garlic pearls as such you can even add it along with grinding.
- You can add cinnamon and cloves while tempering instead of grinding it too.Sometimes I make it that way too.
- Make sure to nicely roast the curry till its golden brown.
Labels: cluster beans recipes, Poriyal, Veggies