Hope you all are having a great relaxing sunday! We are having a great time relaxing at home too....with mittu fast asleep I had some time to write this post now. When I was browsing through pasta recipes, I found this mac and cheese recipe quite interesting.So I googled for a baked version and made this. We totally loved it as it had a crusty top from the breadcrumbs with a soft cheesy pasta...total yum. I would recommend having it as a brunch (skip a meal) so that you dont feel guilty of having the cheesy pasta :) But guess a day of cheesy indulgence is ok to go what say?!
I have given notes for stove top version also for those who want to make it without a oven.
Mac and Cheese - Ingredients
Recipe Reference : JennyStephens
- Macaroni - 1/2 cup (I used shell type)
- Milk - 1 cup
- Maida(APF) - 2.5 tbsp
- Chedar cheese - 1/4 cup minus 1 tbsp
- Cheese spread - 1 tbsp
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Breadcrumbs - 2 tbsp
- Chilli flakes -1/2 tsp
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
4.Preheat oven at 176 deg C for 10mins. Meanwhile transfer the pasta mixture to a oven safe bowl(I used my ramekins) sprinkle little chilli flakes and make it ready. Once oven is preheated bake it at same temperature for 15mins until the top turns golden brown.
The orginal recipe calls to bake for 20-25mins but the longer the bake the pasta will become slightly dry so bake it accordingly.
- As I have mentioned for stove top method, you can toast the breadcrumbs in little butter and then add as topping. I skipped that, I just added it as such.
- If you want a more saucy version, then just bake till the breadcrumbs turn golden brown say for just 5-7mins.
- I used shell type macroni , you can use other shapes of macroni too.
- As per the orginal recipe you can even use 1 tbsp of butter, I just reduced it for my requirement.
- I used kisan cheese spread which was mild flavoured and it was apt for this mac and cheese.
- I used my ramekins for baking as it is easy for individual servings, but you can use any big sized microwave safe bowl.
Labels: Pasta and Noodles Recipes, Pasta Recipes