Chicken Biryani!! Yes you read it right finally here I'm with the recipe.Sundays are special not because it creates a relaxing holiday mood but during the lunch time the corridor is filled with the aroma of biryani coming from each house which kicks the hunger in me :) Check out hotel style mutton biryani recipe
Happy Ramzan to all the readers who celebrate the festival!!
Last year, a reader had asked me why I did not post for bakrid and ramzan - Trust me it did not strike me and also I did not have the courage to cook nonveg that time...Many readers asked for the chicken biryani recipe and finally here I am with it for Ramzan Special.I got the recipe from my perimma and tried it out....Dont hesitate seeing the long list of ingredients, the taste is worth the try :)
Chicken Biryani Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves : 2
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Chicken - 300 gms
Onion - 1 big chopped lengthwise
Tomato 1 small sized chopped roughly
Ginger-Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1.5 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Curd - 1 tbsp
Thin Coconut milk
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Water - 1 cup
Oil - 2 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
To grind to a paste:Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
Mint leaves - 1/4 cup loosely packed
Green Chillies - 1
Tomato - 1 big sized
To temper:Cloves - 3
Cinnamon - 1/4 inch piece
- Soak basmati rice in water for atleast 20mins, set aside.Grind the ingredients under 'to grind' with little water to a fine paste. Set aside. Clean chicken and rinse it thrice , add turmeric powder and set aside.
- Heat oil+ghee in a pressure cooker and add the items under 'to temper' then add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.Then add onion and saute till its golden brown. Then add tomato, saute till raw smell leaves.
- Then add coriander mint paste and saute for 2mins. Then add curd, chicken along with turmeric, red chilli,coriander,garam masala powders and required salt.
- Saute till it forms a thick gravy and chicken changes color.Add 1 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 whistles.Once pressure releases, open and give a quick stir.
- Drain water from rice and add it to the gravy, stir once. Then add coconut milk.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles(After first whistle simmer it). Once pressure releases fluff it with a fork carefully without breaking the rice. Serve hot with onion raita.
Thalicha and onion raita are the best combination for non veg biriyani. I will post the thalicha recipe later.
- If you like the lemon flavour, squeeze lemon juice once the biryani is done.
- I usually use 1:1.5 cups for rice:water ratio so have given the measures accordingly. But you can use the measurement according to the variety of basmati rice you use. I use India Gate Basmati rice.
- Measure water and coconut milk accordingly.
- This is less spicy so adjust spice level according to your taste.
Labels: Biryani Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Non Veg Recipes, Rice Varieties