I have already posted fish fry recipe
....This masala fish fry was a experiment few weeks back and it was a super hit at home that the lil one just loved it....And now this has become regular whenever we buy fish. Do give a try and fall for this flavourful and aromatic fish fry....!
Masala Fish Fry Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 40 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
For the marinade:Fish - 5 pieces (I used pomfret variety)
Curd - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
To grind:Coriander Seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pepper Corns - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon - 1/8 inch piece
Cloves - 1
Small Onion - 4 to 5
Garlic - 2 pearls medium sized
- Grind the ingredients listed under 'to grind'to a semi coarse paste without adding water(anyway onions will let out water by itself).Clean fish, rinse it well and set aside. In a mixing bowl add turmeric, chilli, coriander powders, curd and required salt along with fish.
- Marinate for 30mins.Set aside. Heat dosa pan and add the fish pieces, drizzle oil and toast it till golden brown. You can deep fry the fish pieces too. Preferable to use non stick pan as the masalas stick to the pan.
Serve with freshly sliced lemon wedges and onion rings. Tastes best with hot steamed rice.
- Use a non stick pan to toast the fish as there is masala it sticks to the pan. Else you can deep fry them too.
- This is a bit spicy so reduce chilli powder according to your spice level.
- If you dont prefer more masala flavour skip cinnamon and cloves alone.
- I have used vaaval(pomfret) fish variety. You can even use vanjaram fish.
Labels: Fish Recipes, Non Veg Recipes