Chaat Style Curd Vadai Recipe - Dahi Vada Chaat

Dahi Vada recipe is my fav....Ever since I tasted the chat style dahi vada at Nilgiris I wanted to recreate it at home.I love anything curd based and when it comes to chaats, I cannot resist myself. Dahi puri is my fav and next to it my all time fav is the north indian style dahi vada .Chech south indian style curd vada recipe here.

I had few extra medu vadas the other day and I used them up for this - But if you prefer you can shape them like bondas too...anyway my vadas always look like bondas only :D

Dahi Vada Chaat Recipe


Dahi Vada Recipe - Ingredients

Serves: 2
Cooking & PreparationTime: 45 mins


Medu Vadas - 4
Chilled Thick Curd - 1/2 cup
Curd - 2 tbsp + Milk - 1/4 cup
Green & Sweet Chutney - 2 tsp each
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Sev  / Boondi - 3 tsp for garnish(optional)
Salt - to taste

Dahi Vada Chaat Recipe
Method:
1.Make the vadas as per the instructions given in the urad dal vada link skipping the optional ingredients(jeera,pepper and curry leaves) alone.First make the vadas ready. You can either make vada shaped or like bondas as shown below.  
Dahi Vada Chaat Recipe - Step1
2.Take yogurt and milk in a bowl and whisk it well. Keep the vadas ready. Soak it in the milk yogurt mixture for 30mins. Turn over inbetween.
Dahi Vada Chaat Recipe - Step2
3.At the time of serving : Transfer the vadas to a serving plate. Then pour the thick yogurt mixed with salt over the vadas. Drizzle red, green chutney, sprinkle chat masala, red chilli powders. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Dahi Vada Chaat Recipe - Step3
Enjoy your homemade dahi vadas! :)
Dahi Vada Chaat Recipe
My Notes : 
Dahi Vada Chaat Recipe
Tags: dahi vada recipe, dahi vada, dahi vada chaat, dahi bhalla, dahi bhalla recipe, how to make north indian dahi vada, how to prepare dahi vada, dahi vada chaat recipe, dahi vada chaat chutneys, how to make dahi vada at home, prepare dahi vada

Labels: ,