We usually make plain savoury sevai or this lemon sevai. Though I prefer the sweet version
I can have this when accompanied with the sweet version. Hubby loves anything savory so undoubtedly this is his favourite too, and mittu is like me...she loves the sweet version :)
Lemon Sevai - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Idiyappam - 1.5 cups
Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - a generous pinch
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
To Temper:Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Channa dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Peanuts - 1/2 tbsp
Red chillies -1.5
Hing - a generous pinch
- Make the idiyappam ready.Cool down and then loosen it .Heat oil in a pan - add the ingredients listed under 'to temper' fry till the dal turns crisp and peanuts turn slightly browned. Then add turmeric powder, hing and saute for a minute.
- Add the idiyappam, required salt and give a quick stir. Finally add the lemon juice and switch it off.
Serve hot with coconut chutney or chutney of your choice!
- You can soak the channa dal in water for few mins to make it soft and then use it for tempering too.
- I usually add the lemon juice and switch it off immediately to avoid bitterness.
- Garnish with coriander leaves if you prefer.
Labels: Breakfast Ideas, Other Breakfast Recipes