Rava Kesari Recipe - How to make Rava Kesari

Rava Kesari Recipe
Rava Kesari is one of my favourites. I really dont know why I kept delaying to post such a easy basic sweet recipe...It is my fav anytime but should admit this is the 2nd time I am trying this at home though have watched amma making it so many times with great ease....she makes the best rava kesari according to me...:)

Its been a week since I've got busy and suddenly I feel like I am running on my toes...but sure for some good reasons. I have joined my yoga classes... yes finally which I had been planning to since long. So its a bit difficult for me to squeeze in time for photoshoots these days...but its still nice to get to be bc with what you love to do the most :)
How to make rava kesari

Rava Kesari Recipe

Preparation Time:10 minutes | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves:2
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian

Rava(Sooji) - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Melted Ghee- 3 to 4 tbsp
Water - 1 and 1/4 cups
Saffron - 2 to 3 strands
Milk - 1 tbsp
Cashewnuts - 1 tbsp chopped
Raisin - 1 tsp

Method:

  1. Soak saffron strands in warm milk, set aside. Heat ghee and roast cashews, raisins till golden brown, set aside. In the same pan, roast the rava in low flame until nice aroma comes and when it starts to change color switch off and transfer it to a plate.How to make Rava Kesari - Step1
  2. Add water to the pan and allow it to boil, when it starts bubbling, add the rava little by little stirring continuously - this is the stage where you have to be very careful take care not to form lumps. Add the kesari color, keep stirring continuosly in medium flame.Keep covered for a minute until the rava gets cooked.How to make Rava Kesari - Step2
  3. Once the rava is cooked add the sugar, now it will start to loosen keep stirring continuously. It will start to bubble up when it becomes dry dont worry, keep stirring.How to make Rava Kesari - Step3
  4. Add ghee and keep stirring till it forms a mass leaving the sides of the pan. Add saffron milk, nuts and raisins, give a quick stir and switch it off. If you want to make pieces then transfer to a ghee greased plate and make pieces. I just transferred to my ramekin(ghee greased) and got a mould for the clicks :)How to make Rava Kesari - Step4
While serving you can add a tsp of ghee for the extra flavour and shine too :)
Rava Kesari Sweet

My Notes:

Rava Kesari Recipe
Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Labels: ,