Every time I see pillsbury multigrain ad,I always wonder how to make multigrain atta at home. And last month gave a try and I was completely satisfied with the results and here goes the recipe... Do check out my how to post on making soft phulkas
The ingredients listed can be modified according to your preference too.Check my notes for more variations.
Homemade Multigrain Atta Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 1 day | Processing Time : 10 mins | Makes : 2.5 kgs
Whole Wheat(Punjab Gothumai) - 2 kg
Oats - 100 gms
Maize - 100 gms
Ragi - 50 gms
Chana Dal - 100 gms
Soya Bean - 50 gms
Recipe Category: Homemade Flour | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Note : If you want cup measures you can have a ratio of 2.5 cups(wheat) : 1 cup(multigrains)
We usually grind punjab whole wheat and samba wheat together in the ratio 2:1 for normal chapathi flour.
- Wash all the grains well and let it dry in sunshade for at least for a day till it is completely dry. Then give it for grinding, I gave it to the mill.
- Allow it to cool for sometime.Sieve it twice and discard the coarse mixture that is retained. while sieving Store in airtight container.
Serve hot with a generous serving of ghee, heaven I say :)
- Dry the multigrains completely before giving it to grind.
- Dont add more ragi and soya than the quantity mentioned else it will give a raw taste and ragi will change the color too.
- You can even roast the multigrains(except whole wheat) till a nice aroma rises. Then combine with wheat and give to grind though I havent tried it personally.
- You can even add barley and other grains as per your preference.
Phulka(Roti) made out of multigrain atta flour
Labels: How to make soft phulka, How to's