I used to buy pasta sauce from Nilgiris and the brands always differ each time due to stock.So it was always a risky factor for me to a get a new brand each time....And as we make pasta rarely the big bottle I purchase never emtpies and by the time the expiry approaches. So these days I never buy pasta sauce...I go in for either instant white sauce recipes
or pesto recipes
. So this was the main reason for me to try homemade pasta sauce, though I didnt mean to store it for long due to the current cuts. I just referred the recipe and tweaked it to suit our taste.
Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves : 2
Tomatoes - 3 medium sized
Onion - 1 small
Garlic - 4
Oregano - 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp
Tomato Sauce - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp(optional)
Oilve Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Sauce | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Boil enough water and add the tomatoes. Let it get cooked for 2-3 mins till you see the outer skin peeling off. Switch off, cool down and peel of the skin, trim the edges and puree it to a fine paste(no water to be added).Keep aside.
- Heat oil, add onion,garlic and fry till nicely browned.Then add the tomato puree.Allow it to boil for 3mins.
- Then add 1/2 cup water and allow it to boil for atleast 2mins. Add oregano, black pepper powder,chilli flakes, tomato sauce,salt and sugar. Give a quick stir and allow it reach a sauce consistency.Your pasta sauce is ready.
Cool down and store in a clean airtight container.
- You can even add red / green bell pepper - just puree it and add it along with the tomato puree.
- It keeps well for 3-4 days when refrigerated, depends on your climatic conditions too.
- The above measure can be used for 1 servings for 1.5 cups of pasta for each serving.
- Adding sugar is purely optional.
- I loved the chunkiness in the sauce so did not add anything more to my pasta separately.
- Just toss the cooked pasta, add greated cheese and enjoy your pasta anytime!
Labels: How to's, Italian Cuisines, North Indian, Pasta and Noodles Recipes, Pasta Recipes