Pudina Thogayal is very rare at home as the lil one is fond of only anything coriander based either chutney
/ thogayal. But I love any variety of thogayal, infact I can survive with just thogayal and rice even if its daily :) Thogayal recipes are always handy when we run out of time and ideas for lunch. I paired the thogayal with thattapayir kuzhambu
, rice and we had a hearty meal :)
Pudhina Thogayal Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves : 2
Mint leaves - 1 cup
Red chillies- 4
Urad Dal - 2 tbsp
Tamarind - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Roast urad dal, red chillies until golden brown, add tamarind. Rinse the mint leaves well to get rid of the dirt and add it.
- Saute along with other ingredients till the leaves reduces in volume. Cool down and grind it with little water to a thick paste to a thogayal consistency.Add required salt and mix well.
Store this in airtight container and consume it within 4-5 days.
- This is mildy spicy if you prefer add more red chillies.
- You can store it in fridge after 2 days.
- If you prefer to consume it within a day then you can use 1 tbsp of coconut.
- Add sesame oil(nalennai) while serving it with rice.
Labels: Dips and Chutneys, Kolambu and Sambars for rice, Thogayal Recipes