Summer is at its peak and I wish to include lots of salads and raita recipes in my menu. I made this capsicum raita few weeks back and enjoyed it with rotis.
Capsicum Raita Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves : 2
Curd (Yogurt) - 1 cup
Chat Masala powder - 1/8 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped finely
Capsicum - 3 tbsp chopped into small squares
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
To temper:Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies - 1 sliced
- Whisk(Beat) the curd, add chat masala powder and salt,mix well. Heat oil - add the items under ' to temper' let it crackle.
- Add chopped capsicum fry for a minute(dont let it brown) and switch off. Add this to curd and give a quick stir.
Serve with any type of paratha or just rotis too.
- Sprinkle chat masala powder while serving if you prefer.
- You can add colored capsicum to make the raita even more colorful. Can even include fresh grated cucumber.
- You can also grind chillies and add the paste to raita if you dont prefer greenchillies coming your way while eating the raita.
- You can add 1 tbsp of chopped onions, saute it along with capsicum and add it to raita.
Labels: raita recipes, Raitas