Pasta Salad (with 1000 island dressing)

Rajma Masala
Pasta recipes are always a hit in this space and my family loves new varieties with pasta so I grab those opportunities. I wanted to make a simple Pasta Salad and when I was browsing for dressing recipes this 1000 island dressing from a cookbook caught my eye , it is very simple and the ingredients were already there in my pantry. Are you like me want to know the name origin of 1000 islands dressing? Source : Wikipedia. The name presumably comes from the Thousand Islands between the United States and Canada in the St. Lawrence River. In the Thousand Islands area, one common version of the dressing's origins says that a fishing guide's wife, Sophia LaLonde, made the condiment as part of her husband George's shore dinner.Often in this version, actress May Irwin requested the recipe after enjoying it.

And Its been 4yrs since I started Sharmis Passions!! The journey was totally enjoyable and it has been a great learning curve in both aspects of cooking and food photography.

Thank you so much to each and everyone of you for the enormous support you have given me all these years. Stepping into the 5th year expecting the same support , encouragement and wishes! :))
Rajma Masala Recipe

Pasta Salad Recipe - Ingredients

Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Makes : 12 cookies
Recipe Category: Salad | Recipe Cuisine: World

Pasta - 1/2 cup
Olive oil - 1 tsp chopped
Onion - 1 tbsp chopped
Carrot - 1.5 tbsp chopped
Capsicum - 1 tbsp

For 1000 island dressing:

Yogurt / Mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbsp
Freshly ground black pepper - 1/4 tsp
Green Chilli paste - 1/4 tsp(optional)
Salt - to taste

Method:

  1. Boil water and add pasta along with required salt and oil.Drain water and keep the pasta aside.Powder mustard seeds to a semi fine powder - I used my hand mortar and pestle.
    How to make rajma masala - Step1
  2. Chop the veggies into lengthwise strips.Mix them with little salt and keep aside.In a mixing bowl - add yogurt,mustard powder.
    How to make rajma masala - Step2
  3. Then add freshly ground pepper powder and chilli paste.Add the pasta, veggies, salt to taste and give a quick stir.
    How to make rajma masala - Step3
Serve immediately.
Punjabi Rajma Masala

My Notes:

Rajma Masala Recipe

Labels: , ,