Sweet Lassi is one of the drinks I relish not only in summer but always. It is so much satisfying to end a mild lunch with a tall mug of lassi that is cardamom flavoured.I love the plain version that is served in local lassi shops than the punjabi version which is more of rose flavour. There are even salty versions of lassi too but I prefer the sweet version more.
Lassi is very heavy and thick which is served in shops, I made it on the lighter side by adding water and reducing malai. You can check the kesar lassi
which I posted last year.
Sweet Lassi Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Chilled Thick Curd(Yogurt) - 1.5 cups
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Chilled Milk - 1/8 cup
Crushed ice - from 2 small cubes
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Rose Essence - 1/4 tsp(optional)
Cream (Malai) or Butter (Makhan) - 1 tbsp
Recipe Category: Beverage | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
For Punjabi Lassi version:
Rooh Afza - 1/4 tsp (or) Rose Essence - 1/4 tsp
- First transfer the curd in a bowl beat it well , then add milk and water. Then add sugar, taste and adjust the sweetness accordingly.
- Add cardamom powder,rose essence and mix well. Beat it until frothy or just blend it in a mixer. Dont overblend else butter will start floating on top.
Top it with malai, serve chilled and frothy.
- You can also add a pinch of saffron for extra flavour.
- Actually you can top up more cream by pouring the lassi and then adding cream alternatively till you reach the rim of the glass.
- You can use slightly use sour curd which works best.
- No need to whisk the malai to a creamy texture as you need to feel the malai texture in your mouth while drinking.
Labels: lassi recipes, Milk Based Drinks, Summer Drinks