Apple Milkshake (with almonds & honey) - This is one of the regular shakes I make at home esp for mittu as she loves it. I have already posted apple cinnamon milkshake
, this recipe is a simple one which is healthy and tasty at the same time. Trust me I had no plans of clicking and posting apple milkshake...Last week when I was down with cold and very tired too....but was itching to click so made this quick milkshake and clicked to hearts content :) Please check the 'my notes' section for tips to avoid browning of apples.
Apple Milkshake Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Milkshake | Recipe Cuisine: World
For the marinade:Apple - 1(skin peeled and chopped into cubes)
Chilled Milk - 2 cups
Almonds - 5
Honey - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
- Soak almonds in hot water fro 15mins,set aside.In a mixer add milk, chopped apples,almonds,sugar.
- Then add honey and blend it till smooth.
Serve chilled with chopped almonds as garnish.
- You can even peel off the skin of almonds before blending.
- You can freeze the milk and use frozen milk too or use chilled milk as I have done.
- Adding almonds gives it a nice creamy milkshake.
- To avoid apples from browning, you can chop them into cubes and add it in cold water with little salt(say 1/2 tsp for 3 cups of water) or dip in lemon juice diluted in water.Or soak them in 7up / Sprite for few mins then pack it in a ziplock.
Labels: Milk Based Drinks, Milkshakes