Pesto pasta recipes
are always my favourite for the main reason, it is quick to make and the sauce is creamy,rich and so yum...what more do you need?! I saw this recipe in BBC Good food few months back, tried it and it tasted delicious. If you love walnuts then this is just for you, dont miss it!
Walnut Pesto Pasta Recipe - Ingredients
Pasta - 1 cup(I used Penne)
Walnuts - 1/3 cup
Garlic cloves - 4 medium sized chopped finely
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Dried Herbs - 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil - 1.5 tbsp + 1 tsp
Cheese (grated) - 1 tbsp + 1 tsp for garnishing(optional)
Salt - to taste
Garnish with extra cheese and serve!
- Cook pasta in boiling water along with little salt and a tsp of olive oil. Cook pasta till soft yet crunchy enough to bite.Drain water and set aside.
- In a pan dry roast garlic till golden brown, cool down then transfer it to a mixer along wit walnuts and olive oil.
- Grind it to a semi coarse paste. In a mixing bowl add the pasta along with walnut pesto,cheese,mixed herbs,pepper and required salt - Give a quick mix and serve immediately.
- Dont grind walnuts to a fine paste , this will give a bitter taste.If you like it crunchy you can even pulse it just twice to get the nutty crunchy in your pasta.
- You can also replace mixed herbs with italian seasoning.
- The orginal recipe called for parmesan cheese but I used grated amul cheese cubes instead.
- You can even add a tsp of chilli flakes for extra spiciness.
- You can use any type of pasta variety..I used Penne which was in stock in my kitchen.
- The pesto stays well for 2 days if refrigerated but I recommend making it fresh and mixing with the pasta.
Labels: Italian Cuisines, Pasta and Noodles Recipes, Pasta Recipes