A smoothie is a thick blended beverage with shake like consistency made out of mainly fresh fruits along with milk / yogurt. I wanted to try this mango banana smoothie as I love that combination.....Some smoothies may contain nuts,frozen fruit,dry fruits,chocolate, honey etc...The main difference between a smoothie and milkshake : Smoothie is always fruit based with milk or yogurt but the main ingredient being fruits...whereas milkshakes are dairy based with milk, icecream as the main base etc.
Smoothies are apt for breakfast as they are filling and wholesome...perfect for those hurry burry office goers.Check out my other smoothie recipes that I posted earlier: Strawberry smoothie, Dates cornflakes smoothie
and Coffee walnut smoothie
Mango Banana Smoothie - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves : 2
Mangoes - 1 cup chopped
Banana - 1 small
Chilled Milk / Yogurt -1 cup
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Honey - 1 tsp(optional)
Recipe Category: Beverage | Recipe Cuisine: World
- Chop mangoes and bananas. Add it to a blender along with sugar.Blend until smooth
- Add milk and blend it again to a fine smoothie.
- Make sure to use chilled milk/yogurt else there are chances for the milk to curdle.
- If using curd make sure to taste the curd to adjust the sugar accordingly.
- You can replace sugar fully with honey too.
Labels: Mango Recipes, Smoothies