Rasam Powder is very simple to make and is very handy too.Homemade rasam powder also called as rasam podi in tamil is very flavourful minus the loaded preservatives as in the store bought ones....It keeps well for more time when handled properly. Making rasam becomes a breeze with rasam powder in hand....You can use this rasam powder for any type of rasam. Though I dont make rasam often I want to try many version of rasam recipes
....so keep watching for more flavours of rasam recipes.
Homemade Rasam Powder Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 mins | Serves : 2
Coriander seeds - 1 and 1/2 cups
Dried Red Chillies - 1/2 cup
Toor Dal - 1/2 cup
Jeera - 1/2 cup
Pepper Corns - 1/2 cup
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- In a kadai - dry roast toor dal along with red chillies until golden brown,Set aside. Then add coriander seeds and roast till nice aroma comes,set aside.
- Then roast pepper corns, allow it to splutter, set aside then add jeera and roast till slightly browned and aroma comes.
- Allow all the ingredients to cool down then transfer the contents to a mixer.
- Grind it to a semi fine powder. Cool down completely.
Store in a clean dry airtight container and use it whenever you want to make rasam.
- Amma says roasting the ingredients gives a nice color and increases shelf life too.Grinding rasam powder little coarse gives a nice aroma.No oil needed whil roasting.
- The above quantity makes around 3 cups and it lasts upto 6-7 months for us as we dont make rasam often.
- Always use a clean dry spoon everytime.
- You can even use this powder for making any vegetable curries if you like peper jeera flavour.
- Make sure to cool down completely before you start grinding.
So what are you waiting for? Make your batch of homemade rasam powder right away and enjoy ur flavourful rasam. And dont forget to tell me the feedback ok? :) I was overthrilled to see how photogenic rasam powder looked so took a lot of pics...Kindly bear with the number of pics....:)
Tags: rasam powder
,rasam powder recipe
,homemade rasam powder
,rasam powder recipe south indian
,rasam powder ingredients
,how to make rasam powder
,how to make rasam podi
,rasam podi recipe
,homemade rasam podi
Labels: Homemade at SharmisPassions, Homemade Podis, Rasam Recipes