I have a version of onion tomato chutney
already but this version of tomato chutney is very simple and quick to make especially during morning hurry burries. It serves as a great side dish for idli dosa
and even roti
! I love this chutney for the green chilli flavour along with tomato coriander combination...do try this for yourself am sure you will agree with me :)This chutney is unique with its green chilli flavour....Tastes best with idlis,dosas,upma or even rotis.
Onion Tomato Chutney Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Tomatoes - 2 roughly chopped
Small Onion - 10
Green Chillies -2
Curry Leaves -1 sprig
Coriander Leaves - a handful
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
To temper:Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 3/4 tsp
Hing - a generous pinch
Curry leaves - a small sprig
- In a pan heat oil in a kadai - add tomatoes,onion and green chillies and saute till mushy.Once raw smell of toamtoes leave, add curry leaves.
- Saute till it becomes like a thokku then add coriander leaves, give a quick stir and switch off. Transfer the ingredients to a mixer along with salt.
- Grind it to a fine paste. Heat oil in pan - add the items listed under 'to temper' allow it to splutter then trasnfer it to the chutney.Stir well.
Serve hot with soft idlis or crispy roast dosa!
- Tempering is optional in this chutney,you can even skip it.
- You can even add big onion chopped.
- Coriander and curry leaves gives a great flavour when combined together while grinding.
- I used gingelly(nallenai) oil for tempering , you can use normal cooking oil too.
- You can add tomatoes too...if so add it after tempering saute it for few mins till raw smell leaves.
Tags: tomato chutney
,tomato chutney recipe
,tomato chutney for dosa
,onion tomato chutney
,onion tomato chutney recipe
,onion tomato thokku
,thakkali chutney recipe
,side dish for idli dosa
,easy chutney recipes
,how to make tomato chutney
,prepare onion tomato chutney
Labels: Chutneys, Dips and Chutneys