The recipe today is a simple pachadi...amla(gooseberry raita). Amla is a great body coolant and has other health benefits too...so try to include it whenever possible. Hubby loves to eat it as such I love it any form of chutney,raita or soaked in honey.This amla raita goes very well with dhal rice or any variety rice oe even with phulkas.Now lets get on straight to the recipe....
Amla Raita Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time :10 mins | Serves : 2
Curd - 1.5 cups
Amla(Big Variety) - 4 nos
Green Chillies - 2
Coconut - 2 tbsp
Roasted Jeera powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies - 2
Curry leaves - a small sprig
Hing - a tiny pinch
- Wash amla, sperate the seeds and slice them. In a mixer - add amla,green chillies and coconut and grind it a coarse paste adding very little water.Then transfer this to beaten curd along with little salt.
- Mix well. Heat oil - add the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter add this to raita and serve chilled.
Serve with any spicy variety rice!
- Dont grind amla to a fine paste, it may cause bitterness.
- You can even steam cook amla for 5mins then deseed them and use it for raita.
- Use thick curd for any raita...beat it well before using it.
- Adding roasted jeera powder gives a nice flavour.
Labels: raita recipes, Raitas