Looking for a easy guilt free snack ideas....then this is just right for you. Aval / Poha Kozhukattai is one of the easiest quickest snack that can be made in a jiffy. This is a short version to this upma pidi kozhukattai
recipe....kozhukattai is always my fav wither sweet or savoury love to munch it anytime. Attimes I make this aval pidi kozhukattai even for breakfast, it is quite filling too.Now lets get on straight to the recipe....
Aval kozhukattai Recipe
Preparation Time : 5 minutes | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes : 10 kozhukattais
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Thick Aval(Poha) - 1 cup
Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
Water - 3/4 cup
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - a sprig
Green Chillies -1 finely chopped
- Grind poha to a coarse mixture, just use the pulse option in mixer,Set aside.Heat oil in a pan - add the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter then add water and let it boil.
- Once it starts boiling vigorously add poha mixture, add required salt.Cook till water is fully absorbed and the mixture will come together.Then add coconut , give a quick stir and switch off.
- Let the mixture cool down for few mins...then shape them as shown below.Meanwhile grease the idli plates and keep it ready.After shaping all your kozhukattais ready carefulyl transfer them to idli plates and steam it for 5mins.
Serve it hot with any spicy chutney of your choice!
- You can use coconut oil for tempering which gives a great flavour.
- If you prefer you can add onion too.
- There should be little moisture in the mixture only then shaping will be easy and it will hold together.
Labels: aval, Kozhukattai Recipes, Poha Recipes, Savoury Snacks, Teatime snacks