It has become a routine these days to grab a small pack of pasta atleast every month to try new pasta recipes. A day back I had few palak left so thought of making spinach pasta with it. I got the basic idea of this recipe from kitchen super stars show, modified it according to the available ingredients in my pantry. It is so simple to make and am sure kids will like it too.
The climate is very chill and windy here...and eating anything hot hot feels just like heaven!
Spinach Pasta Recipe
Pasta - 3/4 cup(I used macroni pasta variety)
Spinach - 1/2 cup tightly packed
Milk - 1/4 cup
Cornflour - 1 tsp
Oregano / Any mixed herbs - 1 tsp
Breadcrumbs - 2 tbsp
Grated Cheese - 1 - 2 tbsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Garnish with grated cheese while serving.
- Cook the pasta with enough water, salt and a tsp of oil...Drain water and keep aside. Then add spinach to boiling water and cook for 2mins. Dont drain water, reserve it for future use.
- Cool down and grind it a smooth paste.Add the spinach puree to a pan and allow it to boil for a mintute then add reserved stock.Boil for few mins until it starts thickening.
- Then add milk, give a quick stir then add cornflour and keep stirring continuously until it forms a thick sauce.Then add salt and oregano.
- Add cooked pasta give a quick stir then add breadcrumbs and mix once.Switch off.
- Add water only till immersing level while cooking spinach. Dont drain the water instead use it for cooking the sauce,
- I used mac pasta variety, you can try with any pasta variety like fusilli,penne,spaghetti etc. I used palak spinach which was a very great combo!
- I used amul cheese cubes, if you get parmesan cheese then use that.
Labels: palak recipes, Pasta and Noodles Recipes, Pasta Recipes