Red Chilli Garlic Chutney Recipe - Poondu Milagai Chutney

Chilli Garlic Chutney
This chilli garlic chutney is one spicy chutney recipe I learnt from my sil during our recent visit to Chennai.Its a great side dish for idli dosa.I instantly loved it as garlic chutney is my fav...this is a fiery hot(spicy/kara chutney)....I immediately asked her the recipe and was surprised to hear that this chutney is a modified version of  a chutney that I posted here...:)

Thank you so much Lavi for the beautiful blue plate, I am loving it. Once during our casual talk I mentioned about my craze for blue props and she surprised me with this cute blue plate when we met this time.

It all started when I asked her number to get details about oven and from there on our friendship bloomed....Then we spoke often and our chats covered many topics including daily chores,kids,shopping and ofcourse blogging too.But I should admit we became more closer when I was struggling with the site issue that I mentioned earlier... Her words were motivating and she made me reinvent the way I look at problems.

I will sure share the other wonderful food props she gifted me....hopefully sooner as I myself cant wait to use them :)
Chilli Garlic Chutney Recipe

Chilli Garlic Chutney Recipe - Ingredients

Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian

Big Onion - 2 medium sized chopped finely
Red Chillies - 5
Tamarind - 1/2 tsp
Garlic - 4 halved
Salt - to taste
Cooking Oil - 2 tsp
Gingelly Oil - 2 tsp

Method:

  1. Chop onions finely. Heat a tsp of oil , add onion and red chillies.Saute till onions turn nicely browned and till raw smell leaves.How to make cucumber kichadi - Step1
  2. Cool down and grind it along with raw garlic,tamarind and little water to a fine paste.Add salt and blend it once.Finally add gingelly oil and mix well.How to make cucumber kichadi - Step2
Serve with hot idlis / paniyarams.
Chilli Garlic Chutney Recipe

My Notes:

Kara Chutney Recipe

Labels: , ,