Mothagam / Modak
, Ulundu Kozhukattai
and Chana Sundal
is traditionally made for Ganesh Chaturthi.This mothagam is specially made in Pillayarpati temple and they give it as prasadam... I have had it few times and always love it so always longed for this mothagam kohzhukattai whenever we visit pillayarpatti. Amma asked me to post it last year itself but somehow I missed it so this year here I am with this easy mothagam recipe
I first thought of shaping it like modaks but amma said this is the way they make in pillayarpatti and insisted me to make it the traditional way :)
- The water quantity may vary according to the rice variety so adjust accordingly.
- These mothagams are not very sweet they are mild sweet but if you prefer you can add more jaggery.
- Do not overcook,else the modaks will turn hard and rubbery.
- You can make the rice and mong dal mixture in advance so that on the festive days its easy to put together.
- The mixture should be like rava in consistency only then it will get cooked easily.
Labels: Vinayagar Chathurthi Recipes