Oats Soup - Yes!! you heard it right...This is one of my recent trials and it turned out amazingly good......I love experimenting with oats and this was one such try last week.....I am sure this is a great alternate to the usual oats savoury porridge
we have. Oast is such a healthy ingredient to kick start the day..Check out more oats recipes
...Do try this for yourself and let me know the feedback....am waiting to hear :)
Oats Soup Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Oats - 1/4 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Carrot - 2 tbsp finely chopped
Garlic - 2 tsp
Onion - 2 tbsp finely chopped
Oregano / Any mixed herbs - 1/8 tsp
Pepper - a tiny pinch
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine:South Indian
Serve hot with warm ghee toasted bread or soupsticks!
- Chop carrot,garlic and onions finely and make it ready. First heat a pan with olive oil - add garlic and saute till golden brown then add onion and saute till slightly browned then add carrots.
- Saute till raw smell of carrots leave then add oats and fry for 3mins.Then add water and let it boil till oats gets cooked.May be you can cover and cook.
- Once the water is almost absorbed and veggie turn slightly soft add milk and let it simmer for 5mins.Add required salt.Then add oregano,pepper powder and garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
- The consistency should be slightly runny as it thickens with time.
- Don't skip oregano and pepper as they give great flavour and apt spiciness to the soup.
- Make sure you fine chop the veggies only then it gets cooked faster and easier.
- You can use any vegetable of your choice.
- Also roasting oats makes it nonsticky.
- Dont make onion and carrot too mushy....it should be slightly crunchy enough to bite.
Labels: Oats Recipes, soup, Soups