Navaratri week is nearing so wanted to post easy sundal recipes so am starting off with peanut sundal (groundnut sundal) which I had been wanting to post since last year. The main concern for me was I thought peanut sundal can be made only with fresh peanuts...it was only after my cousin showed some light on me I understood that even the packed raw peanuts easily available at supermarkets can be used to make this sundal, all thanks to her for insisting me to post this too :)
Peanuts are very healthy , they are simple and delicious too that can be given to your kids as evening snack or even for their breaktime.I always love the crunchy texture of boiled peanuts and thats y I prefer boiled ones than the fried peanuts.Now lets get on to learn how to make peanut sundal....
Peanut Sundal Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 1 hr | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves : 2
Raw Peanuts - 1 cup
Grated Coconut - 3 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine:South Indian
Oil -2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies - 2
Curry leaves - a sprig
Hing - a tiny pinch
Switch off and serve warm.
- Soak peanuts for an hour.Pressure cook peanuts with required water and salt for 4-5 whistles or until soft yet crunchy enough to bite,Set aside.Heat oil in a pan - add the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter.
- Then add peanuts and give a toss until mixed well.Adjust salt if required at this stage.Then add coconut and give a quick stir.
- I used readymade raw peanuts which was available at nilgiris. If you get fresh ones then no need to soak just pressure cook and remove the shell.
- I usually pressure cook with little water just enough to cook the sundal and add the sundal along with water and cook till water evaporates, this water the sundal does not become dry.
- You can even add coconut oil instead of normal cooking oil.
- Dont boil till very soft, it should be crunchy enough to bite.
Labels: Navaratri Recipes, Sundal Recipes