Rajma Sundal is one of the sundal recipes I wanted to try for a long time. Since navaratri is nearing I made it to post here....This is one healthy sundal that you can make. I make sure to buy a small pack of rajma atleast as I love any dish with rajma.I often make rajma paratha
/ rajma dry curry
/ rajma masala
other than that havent experimented much with it.Today I tried rajma chawal for a change and it was too good, will soon be posting it.Now lets get on to the recipe of how to make rajma sundal.
Rajma Sundal Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 8 hrs | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Rajma(Red Kidney beans) - 1/2 cup
Grated Coconut - 3 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
To roast and grind:Chana Dal - 2 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Red Chillies - 2
To temper:Oil - 2
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - a sprig
Serve it warm with papad / chips.
- Soak rajma overnight.Rinse it well and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles(depends on the variety of rajma)with enough water,Set aside.Dry roast the items listed under 'to roast & grind' till golden brown.
- Cool down and grind it to a fine powder,Set aside.Heat oil in a pan - add the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter.
- Then add cooked rajma along with powder,give a quick stir.Sprinkle little water for the masalas to coat well.Then add coconut, give quick mix and switch off.
- I used the lighter color rajma variety so it got cooked well in 4 whistles itself.So the number of whistles for pressure cooking depends on the variety of rajma.
- Amma always adds coconut and switches off for any sundal and poriyal as raw coconut is of no cholestrol so its better not to cook coconut for more time.
- I always add little less water while cooking rajma so that I can use the cooked water too.
- You can aeven add 1/4 tsp coriander seeds while roasting , gives a great flavour to the sundal.
Labels: Navaratri Recipes, Sundal Recipes